Welcome to Craftinsure Bass Week 2023! This page provides important and useful info. Bass Week is run by a big team of volunteer members who’s holiday it is, too. We really appreciate your efforts to help us make it a smooth and enjoyable week.
- Find us here: https://goo.gl/maps/vvrWQ2XXYeZ37XB66. Bassenthwaite Sailing Club, Dubwath, Bassenthwaite Lake, Cockermouth CA13 9YD.
- The gates will open at 9am on Friday August 4.
- Someone will meet you at Reception, at the gate. If nobody can be found at reception, they will be some instructions near the gate.
- Racing starts on Saturday August 5 at 1300.
- A competitor briefing will be held before racing on Saturday August 5.
- The Official Notice Board is located in the club foyer.
- Racing Programme
- Sailing Instructions
- There are forms available to inform of changes of details, these must be submitted to the Committee Room before a race begins.
- Please wash your boats with cold water before your arrival, and use the wash station at the club. This is to reduce the risk of invasive species entering the lake.
- Please observe the no sailing areas marked on the lake map.
- It is essential that you park your car in the convenient parking field opposite the club entrance gate, to make room for vans, tents and boats.
- The parking field is strictly for parking cars and trailers only, no camping, sleeping in cars or cooking.
- If you have a stacking trailer, or any trailer that you do not park your boat on after racing, please also move this to the parking field to make space and to help avoid injuries. You may wish to bring a hitch/wheel/bike lock to secure it.
Bins & Recycling
- We are currently experiencing long-running bin/recycling collection strikes. If the general waste or recycling bins are full, please take your rubbish home or to a local refuse/recycling center.
- We’d like to encourage people to bring reusable water bottles to reduce waste.
- The general waste bins are by the gate. Please do not leave your rubbish behind the clubhouse as this creates problems for our volunteers, caterers and cleaners.
- The recycling bins are behind the clubhouse.
- All BBQs must be raised off the ground, not directly on the grass.
- Dogs are not allowed on site, except for assistance dogs.
- Please leave a safe gap between tents and avoid occupying excessive space.
- Van spaces will be marked out, your allocated space will be available at reception and on the noticeboard in the club foyer.
- If you are using an additional awning/sun canopy/gazebo/shelter/utility tent or similar, please ensure it is booked and paid for.