Tuesday 4th

Happy birthday Kim!

The wet element of the forecast seems to have eased (phew!), but we are still waiting to find out whether the wind strength, and the gusts in particular, are at a level that prove to be sailable…

The wind did moderate, though heavy squalls continued to pass through, and the morning race was sailed with a heavily depleted fleet. Starting on time meant a few sailors had a clear start as their competition was still heading towards the start line! The weren’t many boats that survived without capsizing, and several retired. 

A lunchtime reccie determined that the winds were still suitable for racing the pursuit, but shortly after the briefing the wind returned with a vengeance so the race was postponed an hour. Racing did get underway but the squalls came back , so racing was abandoned for the day shortly after the final start. 

The pursuit has been rescheduled to 2.30pm on Wednesday. The Nat West Cup will now just be a single race starting at 11.00am

ONE cocktails are on the cards tonight…